I recently switched from my iphone 4 to a brand new Nexus 4. This is a short note about my thoughts with this new device and OS.
Background: I’ve always used Linux/Unix systems. As for my smartphone, I started with an iPhone as any Android device I tried wasn’t responsive and attractive enough. I don’t use a smartphone to hack the system. I mostly using it to communicate and check stuff online.
I might update this list in time…
- this version of android is slick and really responsive in terms of UI. Never experienced that on android before.
- Multitasks is killing the iphone. It so fast and smooth to switch between apps.
- I found most of the apps I was using on my iphone and they work as well as on the iphone.
- the back button is great.
- I find this device very slow to charge and the mini-usb port very fragile.
- I heard once while I was commuting this horrible buzzing noise in my headphones (you know that sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5ruAZ4Useg). I have to experience it again to judge if it was random or regular.
- When I’m listening to online stream, it regularly cuts while I’m doing network calls with other apps. I don’t know if it comes from the sound api or the app itself.